Without further adieu, let us introduce you to the star of sweetness at our juicery; The Medjool Date. This succulent sweet fruit originated in the Middle East dating back to 1513 and was once reserved only for royalty and their friends and was often referred to as the “Fruit of Life” It remains a hugely significant part of the diet and is traditionally used to break the fast during Ramadan thanks to its naturally occurring sugar.
Fast forward to now and the Medjool date is the current darling of the nutritional world. Dates are the mainstay treat for most Paleo dieters and provide endless kitchen uses, from binding together power balls, adding depth to homemade almond milk or simply eaten stuffed with raw chocolate. But they are much more than just caramel-esque , these bite size beauties boast some pretty intense nutritional properties too. There are many varieties to choose from, but we stick to the Medjool because if its soft texture and rich flavour. They are also said to be the most labour intensive to grow and harvest and are the only variety that can be eaten fresh.
- Although high in sugar, Medjool dates have a low GI
- 28 grams of dates is 19% of your fiber intake for the day
- One date contains 15 different minerals including selenium with boosts immunity
- Unlike most fruit, dates contain 23 amino acids – the building blocks of life
- 18% of your daily copper intake in one date – great for building collagen and absorbing iron
- Dates have more potassium than any food on the planet – helping PH balance and regulate blood sugar
How to use them:
There are so many recipes to choose from, and we could get into desserts, caramel like sauces etc. but here are a few of our go to picks when we need energy and nutrition in a hurry.
Breakfast/Recovery – Blend 375ml raw almond milk, 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 a frozen banana and 1-2 dates until smooth and drink immediately. For a post work out version add 1 scoop of your favorite plant based protein.
Snack Time – For a quick mid morning pick me up, stuff one or two dates with 1 tsp of raw almond butter
Lunch/Dinner – Top a dino kale salad with a mixture of chopped dates and hazelnuts for a protein and energy boost. Best with spiced lemony vinaigrette.
Trackbacks and pingbacks
No trackback or pingback available for this article.
Juice Cleansing Information
Cleansing with juices can be a daunting adventure. Learn more about why you should cleanse.
We bring health right to your door. Check out our delivery map to see if you are within our doorstep delivery area.find out more!
Get In Touch With Us
Have a question about our juices? We'd be happy to answer any questions you may have!
- “Working full time and commuting doesn’t always provide the opportunity to get all the vitamins and minerals I need. Refresh juice has become a convenient and excellent nutritional addition to my diet. The juices are delicious, amazing combinations of fruits, vegetables, and greens that provide an explosion of fresh taste. They leave you feeling energized […]
- "I tried the 3 day juice cleanse and was very pleased with the service. Whitney was happy to answer all of my questions and provide lots of options to accommodate my time and budget restrictions. The juice was made fresh just before being delivered right to my door step for free. Most importantly, the juice […]
- I was very skeptical at first when my wife told me about the juice cleanse.But after I started I was so impressed with how easy it was to follow andalso how much energy I had every day!
- I was absolutely amazed how great I felt after only a couple of days ofdoing the juice cleanse! I could actually feel the toxicity leave my body.Thank you for suggesting the cleanse. It really helped me recover from thedebauchery of the summer!
- I have my own juicer, but enjoy the convenience and great taste of Refresh juices. I love that the juices are organic, and provide healthy nourishment. I have tried all the different juices and almond mylk, and thoroughly enjoy them all. I drink them weekly and feel refreshed and fuelled.